Management of International Projects in the Baltic – Black Sea Region
|11||16||доцент Краєвська О. А.|
|11||8||доцент Краєвська О. А.|
The purpose of the course “Management of International Projects in the Baltic – Black Sea Region” is to familiarize students with the theoretical and practical aspects of the formation, implementation and management of international projects in various spheres of society’s life; forming a holistic view of the students about best practices in managing international projects in Ukraine and in the Baltic – Black Sea Region, developing skills for the practical use of the knowledge gained for the effective project development and management.
This Course is available in MOODLE – http://e-learning.lnu.edu.ua/course/view.php?id=2099
Management of International Projects in the Baltic – Black Sea Region course complements and integrates students’ knowledge of a complex of subjects studied under the field of study “International Relations, Regional Studies and Public Communications” by focusing on the essence of the project management system, its elements, goals and principles and also the life cycle of the project, concept and classification of projects; justification of the feasibility of the project and evaluation of its effectiveness, components of project structuring); timeline, budget, risks and human resources of a project; project monitoring, reporting and quality assurance.
The course will introduce the issues of the main forms of the organizational structure of the project (organization of the project management system, designing an organizational structure for project management, matrix organizational structure and its advantages and disadvantages) and formation and development of the project team (Formation of the project team, Conflict Management in Projects, Leadership and team motivation, Team development
The Baltic – Black Sea regional cooperation lives from the variety of actors, issues of common concern, financing sources and not least committed human beings all aiming at benefiting the development of the region. Cooperation might have been a goal in itself in the past when it was about to establish cooperation structures in the region. Nowadays, cooperation should rather be seen as a tool to achieve common goals for the benefit of a common region with cross-border cooperation projects as the grass root cooperation level.
The course will introduce to students different levels of (formalized) cooperation in the Baltic – Black Sea region with a practical hands-on insight on project cooperation in the region, eventually providing a vision about personal career opportunities in the Baltic – Black Sea region.
- PMP Exam preparation by Rita Mulcahy, PMP, et. al. RMC Publication, 2013 – 630 p.
- Labarre, O. What Is Project Management? [Electronic resource]. Investopedia. 2019. Retrieved from: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/project-management.asp
- Project management system [Electronic resource]. 2014. Retrieved from: https://www.inloox.com/project-management-glossary/project-management-system/.
- The Basic Principles of Project Management [Electronic resource]. Simplilearn. 2018. Retrieved from https://www.simplilearn.com/project-management-basic-principles-article
- What Are the Objectives of Project Management? [Electronic resource]. Clarizen. 2018. Retrieved from: https://www.clarizen.com/objectives-of-project-management/