Master Programme (English) “Baltic-Black Sea Regional Studies”
Master’s Degree Program “Baltic-Black Sea Regional Studies”
New Master’s Programme «Baltic-Black Sea Regional Studies» at the Faculty of International Relations of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv is a unique opportunity to gain a solid knowledge of the Baltic-Black Sea region – the history of its creation, peculiarities of its economic, political, cultural and ethno- national development.
The aim of the Programme (duration – 1,5 years) is to equip students with the following competencies:
a) to integrate theoretical, empirical and methodological knowledge acquired during the studies in the program.
b) to plan, analyse and evaluate along the lines of high professional standards in a wide range of fields.
c) to act in and adapt to complex situations that require theoretical and empirical insights, responsibility, professional knowledge and practice.
d) to apply critical thinking and skills of normative évaluation of the core problematics of Baltic-Black Sea Region within the framework of the transdisciplinary curriculum.
e) to be actively engaged in civic society and institutions.
The new Master Programme is developed within the framework of the Erasmus+ KA2 project «Rethinking Regional Studies: the Baltic-Black Sea Connection» (586281-EPP-1-2017-1-EE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP) in partnership with the universities from the European Union and Ukraine:
• University of Tartu (Estonia)
• University of Lund (Sweden)
• Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan (Poland)
• Vytautas Magnus University (Lithuania);
Competitive selection for obtaining a master’s degree is carried out on the results of entrance examinations for admission to study for obtaining a master’s degree on the basis of the obtained degree (educational-qualification level) of higher education in specialty 291 «International Relations, Public Communications and Regional Studies», 292 «International Economic Relations» – in the form of a single entrance exam in a foreign language and professional entrance examinations (subject to successful completion of the additional entrance examination for persons who have completed a degree of higher education in another specialty (field of study), subject to the successful passage of additional entrance tests for admission to the profession, which provides additional assembly entrance test Scores from English, German, Spanish and French are accepted only from the results of a single entrance exam. Please see more information (in Ukrainian)
Foreign citizens, who have appropriate education (Bachelor’s Degree) and the knowledge of the English language (minimum level required is B2) can apply for Master Programme «Baltic-Black Sea Regional Studies» at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
Submission of application form and scanned copies of the documents in pdf – June 16-July 16, 2021.
Terms of entrance interviews and submission of the originals of the listed documents – July 19-August 20, 2021.
To enroll, please follow these steps:
STEP 1 (DEADLINE – JULY 16, 2021). Complete and submit the application form and send scanned copies of the documents in one pdf file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Copy of your education certificate obtained with grades as well as academic transcript (original version);
3) Copy of your education certificate obtained with grades as well as academic transcript (officially translated into English or Ukrainian);
4) English Language Certificate (English language certificate or other certificates as long as they are a proof of fluency in English, minimum minimum level required is B2) (if available);
5) Copy of your passport first page;
6) Motivation letter (max. 1 page).
The documents will be examined and the applicant’s grades will be assessed. In case of positive decision, the University will issue Letter of Invitation to apply for a visa (if needed) in order to come and have entrance interview at IFNUL. You will need to present this invitation to the Ukrainian Embassy/Consulate for your home country to obtain a Student Visa.
Please contact Ukrainian Embassy/Consulate for your country and find out their requirements for student visa applicants.
STEP 2 (DEADLINE – AUGUST 20, 2021). Foreigners submit in person to the University Admissions Committee the following documents:
1) personal application form in prescribed format;
2) copy of the passport of a foreigner (or a substituting document);
3) original and a notarized copy (in Ukrainian) of the document on previous education with transcripts;
4) copy of Birth Certificate;
5) health insurance, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
6) 4 photos sized 30×40 mm;
7) certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (if available);
STEP 3 (DEADLINE – AUGUST 20, 2021). Entrance interview and enrollment to the Master Programme
Terms of entrance interviews – July 19 – August 20, 2021. The students will be enrolled to the Master Programme according to the results of the entrance interview.
Enrollment of foreigners for studies at the appropriate level of higher education is based on the results of entrance examinations (interview) on certain subjects and language learning and on the basis of academic rights to continue education provided by the document on the received level of education in the country of origin, and taking into account the points of success that are entitled to continue education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the laws of the country that issued the document on acquired education.
For more detailed information please visit: http://international.lnu.edu.ua/incoming-mobility/admission-requirements/
Tuition fee for international students (2020-2021) – 54949 UAH per year. All payments must be paid in Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH). Exchange rate of the National Bank of Ukraine as of April 1, 2021: 1 USD = 27,68 UAH.
STRUCTURE OF THE PROGRAMME
Graduates can work in:
• the system of central executive authorities, whose powers include the formation and implementation of state policy in the field of external relations of Ukraine and diplomatic representations of Ukraine abroad;
• in state institutions (state administrations, bodies of local self-government, international departments of central executive authorities, etc.);
• in private structures that carry out activities in the field of international relations (representations of multinational corporations, joint ventures and enterprises with foreign capital, travel agencies, expert-advisory groups), in international intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations.
Master’s Degree Program “Baltic-Black Sea Regional Studies” (BBSR)
Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
Faculty of International Relations
Sichovykh Striltsiv Street, 19
Lviv, 79000, Ukraine
Phone: +38 (032) 239 40 62 / +38 (032) 239 47 48
- The EU and the Baltic-Black Sea Region (Калитчак)
- Regionalism in the Baltic and Black Sea Region (Гладиш)
- Politics of the Historical Memory (Федина С.)
- Political Systems of the Countries of the Baltic-Black Sea Region (Комарницький М)
- NEW AND OLD BORDERS IN THE BLACK BALTIC SEA REGION (Папіш)
- Migration trends and policies in the Baltic-Black Sea region ( Гогоша)
- Methodology of scientific research (Мальський)
- FOREIGN POLICY AND SECURITY IN THE BLACK BALTIC SEA REGION (Іжнін)
- Forecasting and simulation in IR (Поліщук К.)
- ETHNOPOLITICAL DYNAMICS OF THE BALTIC (Кузик)
- Economic governance of the Baltic-Black Sea Region States (Федунь Ю)
- Cultures and Identities in the Baltic-Black Sea Region (Шаленна)
- Communication and Information warfare in the Baltic-Black Sea Region (проф Присяжнюк)