European Union Studies; the EU and Ukraine; Regionalism; Cities and European Integration; Internationalization of Higher Education in Ukraine.
External Dimension of Differentiated Integration: The Case of Ukraine // Conference Proceedings “Ukraine-EU: Between Political Declarations and Experts’ Assessments”. – Lviv, 2019.
EU-Norway Relations: A Model to Follow for Ukraine? // Ukrainian Yearbook of European Integration Studies. – Vol. III. – 2019.
Untapped Potential? Ukrainian Cities and the Eastern Partnership // Conference Proceedings “The 10th Anniversary of the Eastern Partnership: Lessons Learnt, Current Challenges and Future Perspectives” – Kyiv, 2019.
Stronger Together? Ukrainian Cities and European Urban Networks // Ukrainian Yearbook of European Integration Studies. – 2018. (published in Ukrainian)
Cities and European Integration: Key Trends and Challenges // Visnyk of Lviv University. Ser. International Relations. – №46. – 2017. (published in Ukrainian)
Subnational Factor in the Relations between the EU and Third Countries: the Case of Canada // Gileya. – №126. – 2017. (published in Ukrainian)
Cities’ Engagement in the Eastern Partnership: Accomplishments and Challenges // Politicus. – №6. – 2017. (published in Ukrainian)
Development of European Studies in Ukraine in XX century // International Conference “European Studies in Ukraine: achievements, challenges, and perspectives” – Kyiv, 2017. (published in Ukrainian)
Disciplinary Identity of European Studies in Higher Education of Ukraine / Yearbook “Regionalism and Integration”. – Vol. 2. – 2016. (published in Ukrainian)
The role of foreign donors in the development of university programs in European Studies in Ukraine // National conference “European Studies in the universities of Ukraine. – Kyiv, 2016. (published in Ukrainian)
Soft Skills. Academic guide/Teaching materials (co-author). – Newcastle-Kyiv: 2016. (E-Manual).
EU-Ukraine Association Agreement in the context of key models of EU’s relations with third countries // Visnyk of Lviv University. Ser. International Relations. – №38. – 2016. (published in Ukrainian)
European Union Enlargement – An Unfinished Business? // Introduction to European Studies: A New Approach to Uniting Europe. – Warsaw: University of Warsaw, 2013. (published in English)
Didactic materials for EU-related studies at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv // Political and Sociological Studies. – Vol. 12. – 2013. (published in Ukrainian)
The state of research on European integration in Ukraine // Poland in the European Union: Adjustment and Modernisation. Lessons for Ukraine. – Warsaw: University of Warsaw, 2012. – (published in English)
Squeezed by the Paper Wall: the Impact of the Enlargement of the Schengen area on Western Ukraine // EU Migration Policy and its Reflection in Third Countries: Belarus, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine. – Maribor: ISCOMET Institute for Ethnic and Regional Studies, 2012. (published in English)
Academic Mobility as a part of integrating Ukrainian University in the European Education Space // Slovakia – mediator on the way of Ukrainian academics to new European university area. – Lviv-Bratislava: Litopys, 2011. – (published in Slovak).
Articles on EU-related issues // Ukrainian Diplomatic Dictionary – Kyiv: Znannya, 2010
The Impact of European Integration on the Formation and Development of Polish Voivodships // Political and Sociological Studies. – 2009. – Vol. 9. (published in Ukrainian)
Regionalism in European Integration Processes. – Kyiv: Znannya, 2007. (published in Ukrainian)
European Dimension of Polish Voivodships in the 1990s // Visnyk of Lviv University. Ser.International Relations. – № 21. – 2007. (published in Ukrainian)
Voivodships in the context of the Polish full-fledged EU membership (2004-2006) // Visnyk of Lviv University. Ser. International Relations. – № 22. – 2007. (published in Ukrainian)
Roman Kalytchak received his Specialist and Master degrees summa cum laude in International Relations from Ivan Franko National University of Lviv. He defended his Doctoral Dissertation in 2004 and was awarded with the academic title of Kandydat Nayk (PhD). Dr. Roman Kalytchak started his academic career in 2002 at the Department of International Relations and Diplomacy at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv and he has been a full-time Associate Professor there since 2007.
Dr. Kalytchak is also a Senior Research Fellow at the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence “Western Ukrainian Research Center of European Studies” at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
His research interests mainly include European Integration Studies, EU-Ukraine Relations, Regionalism, Cities and European Integration, Higher Education in Ukraine and he widely published on these topics.
Dr. Kalytchak has been involved in various EU-related academic projects. His didactic activities primarily focus on European Integration, Dr. Kalytchak mostly teaches EU-related courses and he is a recognized expert in this field within Ukraine.
Dr. R. Kalytchak is a member of the Scientific and Curriculum Council of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and supervises activities related to higher education in the field of Social Sciences. Previously, he served as a Deputy Chairman of the Curriculum Subcommittee on International Relations, Social Communications and Area Studies of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in 2016-2018.
Dr. R. Kalychak is a board member of the Ukrainian Association of Professors and Researchers on European Integration.
Dr. Kalytchak was a visiting scholar at different European and North American Universities and received several prestigious grants. More detailed information on his activities is published in the section “Projects”
Because of his extensive experience in developing Area Studies, Dr. Kalytchak was also entrusted to administer the introduction of American Studies at IFNUL (2010-2017). He supervised the creation of the first official U.S.-focused specialization at MA level in Ukraine in 2011 and founded the Center for American Studies in 2014.
- August 2021 – September 2018. Senior Research Fellow at the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence “Western Ukrainian Research Center for European Studies” at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- August 2019 – September 2018. Team member of the Jean Monnet Project “EU-EaP Academy: Supporting Next Generation of Scholars in European Studies” implemented by the Ukrainian Association of Professors and Researchers on European Integration in cooperation with partners from Georgia and Moldova
- May 2019 – Erasmus+ teaching mobility at Freie Universität Berlin (The Institute for East European Studies)
- July 2018. Participant of the VI Warsaw Euro-Atlantic Academy on “The Politics of Technology: Information, Disinformation, and Security in a Digital Era” at the College of Europe (Natolin campus)
- August 2019 – September 2016. Team member of the Jean Monnet Project “Enhanced Visibility on European Integration Teaching and Research” implemented by the Ukrainian Association of Professors and Researchers on European Integration
- August 2018 – June 2017. Participant in the Swedish Institute supported project “Facilitating the participation of Ukraine in European Research Area and Erasmus+”. EU’s partners: University of Latvia, University of Tartu and Uppsala University.
- April 2018 – Erasmus+ teaching mobility at the University of Bologna (MIREES – Interdisciplinary research and studies on Eastern Europe)
- August 2020 – May 2018. Erasmus + KA2 Project: “Rethinking Regional Studies: The Baltic-Black Sea Connection” Implementation of the English-language MA programme, including the preparation of the course “The EU and the Baltic-Black Sea Region”. Coordinator – the University of Tartu
- April-May 2017. Visiting Petrach Fellow. Project: EU Sub-State Authorities and the Annexation of Crimea. – Institute for European, Russian and Eurasian Studies, Elliott School of International Affairs, the George Washington University, Washington DC.
- August 2017– September 2014. EU’s Jean Monnet Program Grant Recipient / Academic Module: The EU’s Subnational Dimension. – Faculty of International Relations, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
- August 2016 and August 2017. Co-organizer of “Lviv Leadership Academy” (the International Association “Free Ukraine”, the Vernon K. Krieble Foundation, the Fund for American Studies, the US Embassy in Ukraine) at Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- July 2016. Participant of the IV Warsaw Euro-Atlantic Academy on “Regional Policy and Regional Development: Euro-Atlantic Support to Eastern Partnership Countries” at the College of Europe (Natolin), Poland.
- April 2016 – June 2013. Responsible for developing the segment of the course “Soft Skills for Professional Development” (Partner institution – Northumbria University, the United Kingdom). EU’s Tempus Project – IMPRESS “Improving the Efficiency of Student Services”.
- July 2014. Participant of the II Warsaw Euro-Atlantic Academy on “Politics, Economy and Society in the Era of Mobility: Perspectives for the Eastern Partnership States” at the College of Europe (Natolin campus), Poland.
- November-October 2011. IMESS Visiting Scholar. Project: Learning Europe from Europe? The impact of the EU’s Universities on Higher Education in the Post-Soviet Space. – Center for EU-Russia Studies, University of Tartu, Estonia.
- February 2011. Petro Jacyk Visiting Researcher. Research project: Regional Governance Reform in Ukraine: Strengthening or Undermining National Sovereignty . – Centre of European, Russian and Eurasian Studies, Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto, Canada.
- October 2010. Expert on Academic Mobility. Project: Academic Mobility as a part of integrating Ukrainian University in the European Education Space in the framework of the initiative: “Universities – the sources of civil society in neighbouring Ukraine; Slovakia – mediator on the way of Ukrainian academics to new European university area”. – Academia Istropolitana Nova, Bratislava, Slovakia
- May 2010 – September 2009. Curriculum Research Fellowship. Research project: In Search of Europe: Developing EU Studies in Ukraine. – Curriculum Resource Center, Central European University, Hungary.
- February 2009 – September 2008. Fulbright-Kennan Institute Research Scholarship. Research project: The U.S. Federal and State Relationship in International Affairs: Lessons for Ukraine. – Kennan Institute, Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars, Washington DC, USA.
- March – April 2008. Visiting Scholar. – School of Political Science “Roberto Ruffilli”, University of Bologna, Italy.
- December-February 2007. “Course Development Competition” Grantee. Course: Regional Dimension into EU Enlargement. – Curriculum Resource Center, Central European University, Hungary.
- 2006 – 2005. Honors Diploma, Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program. Research project: European Dimension of Polish regions. – University of Warsaw, Poland.
- 2004 – 2003. Participant in the Oregon-Lviv University Partnership (the MA program improvement project in the field of International Relations)
- 2002 –2001. Research Fellowship from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Italy. – Turin University, Italy
- European Integration (BA, Third year) – mandatory
- European Union’s External Relations (BA, Fourth year) – mandatory
- EU’s Subnational Dimension (MA, First year) – mandatory (supported by the Jean Monnet Actions Program in 2014-2017 )
- Soft Skills for Professional Development (BA) – elective, co-designed with the Northumbria University
Page with teachers schedule not found!